6/1/13

TENSES

Present Simple Tense - day to day actions
Subject          bf + do/does
a) I go ( go +do) to class.
b) He goes ( go + does ) to class.

Ex:
1) I usually eat fish.
2) He sometimes plays golf.
3) I don't watch movies.
4) She doesn't speak English
5) Do you get up early?
6) Does he travel a lot?


Present Continuous Tense - actions happening now / future plans
Subject     is/are/am     bf + ing
a) I am going to class.
b) He is going to class.
c) They are going to class.

Ex:
1) I am bathing now.
2) She is cooking at the moment.
3) They are visiting our country next week.
4) I am not sleeping now.
5) She is not coming now.
6) Are you doing something at the moment?
7) Is she learning English now?


Past Simple Tense - actions that are finished
Subject          bf + did
a) I went ( go + did ) to class.
b) He went ( go + did ) to class.

Ex:
1) I bathed today morning.
2) She called me a few minutes ago.
3) I didn't go to class last week.
4) They didn't come to my party.
5) Did you take lunch?
6) Did she go home?


Past Continuous Tense - actions happening at a particular time in the past
Subject     was/were     bf + ing
a) I was going to class.
b) He was going to class.

Ex:
1) I was bathing when you called me.
2) She was crying when I went there.
3) I was not sleeping when I heard the sound.
4) Were you driving when the accident happened?
5) Were they playing when the rain started?


Future Simple Tense - future predictions / decisions taken at the time of speaking
Subject          will + bf
a) I will go to class.
b) He will go to class.

Ex:
1) I will meet you tomorrow.
2) It will rain this evening.
3) She won't (will not ) come again
4) Will it rain again?


Future Continuous Tense - actions happening at a particular time in the future
Subject          will be   bf + ing
a) I will be going to class.
b) He will be going to class.

Ex:
1) I will be working tomorrow morning.
2) She will be watching TV when you go there.
3) Will you be passing the book shop. I want to buy an eraser.


Present Perfect Tense - actions happened in the past have present evidences.
Subject          have/has     past participle form
a) I have been to class.
b) He has gone to class.

Ex:
1) I have seen you before.
2) I have been to China twice.
3) He has not met me before.
4) Have you been to England?
5) Has she gone somewhere?


Past Perfect Tense - actions completed in the past
 Subject          had     past participle form
a) I had gone to class.
b) He had gone to class.

Ex:
1) I had gone to class when the arrived.
2) They had already left when I went there.


Future Perfect Tense - actions completed in the future
Subject          will have     past participle form
a) I will have gone to class.
b) He will have gone to class.

Ex:
1) When I go home my mother will have cooked.
2) By the time you go there, they will have left.


Present Perfect Continuous Tense - actions started in the past and continued until now
Subject          have been/ has been     bf + ing
a) I have been going to class since morning.
b) He has been going to class for one hour.

Ex:
1) It has been raining since yesterday.
2) I have been working here since 2007
3) She has been looking for a job


Past Perfect Continuous Tense - Actions continued between two time periods in the past
Subject          had been     bf + ing
a) I had been going to class.
b) He had been going to class.

Ex:
1) I had been suffering from fever from last week until yesterday. 


Future Perfect Continuous Tense- actions continue up until a particular time in the future
Subject          will have been     bf + ing
a) I will have been going to class.
b) He will have been going to class.

Ex:
a) I will have been working on this project from tomorrow until next week.







 

No comments: