6/1/13

CONNECTORS





  • However
 I was not hungry. However, I took my breakfast
  • And also
 She is kind. And also, She is honest
  • After all
You have to help him. After all, he is your best friend
  • As  a result
People are destroying jungles. As a result, we are going to suffer from droughts in the future
The price of fuel has gone up. As a result of that, the price of goods will go up soon
  • In addition
You can stay in this room. In addition, you can use this phone
You can stay in this room. In addition to that, you can use this phone
  • Apart from that
You can stay in this room. Apart from that, you can use this phone
Apart from Mary. the others came to the party
  • Instead of
Instead of going abroad,  I like to do a job in this country
This computer is very old. Instead of this, Can we have a new computer?
  • Otherwise
Eat something. Otherwise, you will feel hungry
  • On the other hand
I don't like this shirt. On this other hand, it is too expensive
  • In other words
I can't come to your party. In other words, I don't like parties
  • Therefore
I was not well yesterday. Therefore, I didn't go to work
  • Because of that
 I was not well yesterday. Because of that, I didn't go to work
  • In the mean time / Meanwhile
I am going out. In the mean time, You can take some rest
  • Indeed / In fact
I can't buy that shirt. In fact, I have no money
  • Likewise / Similarly
look at the way I am doing this work. Similarly, you can do this.
  • Furthermore /Moreover
She said she could join the trip. Furthermore, she said she would bring breakfast for all of us
  • First of all / Secondly / After that / Next / Then / Finally
First of all, take an application form. Next, fill it correctly. After that , Hand over to the counter. Then, they will do the rest. Finally, You will be given a receipt
  • Still
He is now 40 years old. Still, he is unmarried
  • For example
You can do something during your free time. For example, you can read books.
  • According to
According to the weather report, it is not going to rain tomorrow

No comments: