Ravi
| You know what. Our neighbour, Mr. Silva died of heart attack last night. |
Kamal
|
How sad. His sudden death must have come as a terrible shock to the entire family.
|
Ravi
| Can't argue with that. What shall we do now? |
Kamal
|
Let's go there. I will inform my office that I am not able to come to work today.
|
You know what- Do you know that
Can't argue with that- I agree with what you said
Grammar tips .....
little / few / a little / a few
few / a few - with countable
little/ few- negative meaning
a few / a little - positive meaning
Ex:
1. I have few friends here. So, I feel lonely. (negative)
2. I have a few friends here. So, I don't feel lonely.
3. I have little knowledge in English. So, I can't help you.
4. I have a little knowledge in English. Maybe, I can help you.
a little / a bit
Ex:
1. You are speaking too fast. Can you speak a little more slowly?
2. After walking, I felt a bit tired.
bit of something ( a limited amount of something )
Ex:
1. Let me give you a bit of advice. Don't drive fast.
2. I was not hungry. So, I have a bit of bread and butter.
3. Would you like to try a bit of this. This is very tasty.
fewer / less
( comparative forms )
Ex:
1. There was a little water left in the bottle. Less than I thought.
2. Due to the bad weather, fewer children came to school.
as much as / as many as
Ex:
1. When she checked her account. She didn't have as much as money as she thought she had.
2. I know you can't finish the work today itself. But, Do as much as you can.
3. If you like theses apples, take as many as you want.
4. Anybody can criticize me as much as they like. But, I don't care.
No comments:
Post a Comment