6/12/13

Daily Conversation 1


I will keep my fingers crossed


Interviewer
Well. Your certificates are really impressive. However, I have to go through them carefully.
Candidate
Thank you Sir.
Are you going to call me later?
Interviewer
Sure, You will be contacted in due course  regarding your application for the job.
Candidate
Ok sir. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Keep one's fingers crossed - Hope for a good outcome for something                              


Grammar Tips.....

before and ago

Before - any time before now
  •  I haven't seen him before.
  • Were you here before? No, I wasn't here before
Ago - at a definite time before now
  •   I saw your wife one hour ago.
  •  She called me a little while ago.
Before as a conjunction / preposition
  •  Don't meet me before the class
  •  Don't call me before I go there.
  •  Before entering the temple, You should remove slippers.
  •  Before you enter the temple, remove your slippers.
 
  

No comments: