6/13/13

Daily Conversation 2


Get stuck in


Janath
You are so late. What happened to you?
Rahul
I am sorry. I got stuck in a huge traffic jam. I couldn't even move my vehicle anywhere.
Janath
Then, How did you manage to come?
Rahul
Well. I had to wait until it was over.

Get stuck in - Unable to move                              


Grammar Tips.....

afraid / scared /frightened

afraid /scared  of  + noun / ing
  • I am afraid of dogs / I am scared of dogs.
  • I am afraid of getting caught / She is afraid of going out at night.
afraid / scared / frightened to + infinitive verb
  • I was afraid to take a decision.
  • She is afraid to swim in the sea
 scared / frightened by
  • She was scared by the hooting of the fox
  • People were frightened by the sudden shooting
frightening / scary 
  • It was a scary movie.
  • I was shocked by that frightening news.     

No comments: