Daily Conversation 3
Give it to me straight
Wife
|
You know what David, These days phones are very cheap in the market. It is very easy to find a good phone at a low price. |
Husband
|
Why are telling me all these things? I feel you are up to something. Give it to me straight dear.
|
Wife
|
I am sorry. I lost my phone yesterday. |
Husband
|
Ha ha. That is why you are trying to make my mind. Don't worry.
I will buy a new one for you. |
you are up to something - you are planning to do something
You know what - listen to what I am going to tell you
Give it to me straight - tell me directly
..........................................................................................................................
Grammar Tips.....
look / seem / appear
look / seem / appear + adjective
- She looks unhappy today.
- He seems tired.
- They appeared to be sad
- You look like an idiot.
- She seems like a teacher.
- It looks like it is going to rain.
- It seems as if they are not coming today.
- The thief appears to have run away. The police can't find him.
- I seem to have lost my way. Can you help me?
- It seems that I have made a mistake.
- It appears that she is going to marry soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment