6/18/13

Daily Conversation 5


Would like to have a word with you

Manager
I would like to have a word with you. Take a seat.
Employee
Thank you. 
Manager
After the pervious discussion,We decided to give you a salary increase. There will be a 4000 raise to your salary. Although your first raise may not sound considerable, we hope that with your ability you can expect a better increment in the near future.
Employee
Thank you very much. As a new comer of this company, I understand your consideration. I am satisfied with this raise. And I will continue to do my best.

I would like to have a word with you - I would like to talk to you.
                                   



Grammar Tips.....

Some useful verb phrases
Look 

  •  Look at- Don't look at me.
  • Look for- I am looking for a bag. Do you have latest ones.
  • Look after- My husband looks after me very well.
  • Look into- The police are looking into the matter.
                                                               
Make
  • Make arrangements- You have to make arrangements for the party.
  • Make a mess- I made a mess when I tried to cook.
  • Make a mistake- She made a mistake.
  • Make a point- Make a point to sign the document.
  • Make a profit - Our company made a profit last year.
  • Make a speech- He made a nice speech.
                                                                
Do
  • Do shopping- I want to do shopping today evening.
  • Do the washing- The party is over. Who is going to do the washing.
  • Do homework- Make a point to do homework.
  • Do business- He is doing a business.
  • Do the best- I hope you do the best.
  • Do something- I am in trouble. Please do something.
  • Do nothing- You did nothing for me.
  • Do work- Do your work. Don't stick to the television.
  • Do a job- He is doing a good job.



No comments: