6/18/13

Daily Conversation 6


I have a gut feeling


Seetha
Where is Neelam? I haven't seen her today yet.
Geetha
She was here a little while ago. She was busy with calling someone. 
Seetha
I have also noticed that she has been on the phone all the time.
Geetha
I have a gut  feeling that she has an affair with somebody.

a little while ago              - a few minutes ago
I have a gut feeling that   - a strong belief about something
                                    


Grammar Tips.....

Some useful verb phrases
Give


Give a ring - I will give you a ring. 
Give a hand - Could you give me a hand? 
Give my regards - Please give my regards to Marry.




Keep


Keep something dry - The coat will keep you dry. 
Keep something warm - The gloves will keep your hands warm.
Keep losing - I keep losing my glasses.
Keep getting - I keep getting backache.
Keep in touch - Please keep in touch.
keep a record -The school keeps a record.
Keep an eye on - Please keep an eye on my dog.



Break


Break a record - He broke the world record again.
Break the law - Most people break the law at some point of their life.
Break the ice - I usually do something to break the ice.



Catch


Catch a bus - We can catch a bus down the road
Catch cold - How did you catch that cold.



See

I see what you mean
I don’t know. I will see what the others say



Get

I got a letter this morning
You will get a certificate at the end of the course
She is trying to get a new job
Where did you get those shoes
It gets dark very early at this time of year
My hands are getting cold
When did you get here? 
 I will phone you when I get home
She went to get the children from school

No comments: