Daily Conversation 8
On the verge of
Seetha
|
I heard that you had a wonderful trip to the wild park. How was the trip? |
Geetha
|
Well. To be honest, We had a few problems caused by the bad weather throughout the trip
|
Seetha
|
Was it raining during the visit? |
Geetha
|
Not only raining but also we were on the verge of getting caught by the flood.
|
To be honest - honestly
on the verge of - close to experiencing something
on the verge of - close to experiencing something
Grammar Tips.....
Like and as
Like
What a beautiful house. It is like a palace
What does she do? She is a teacher. Like me
Be careful. The floor has been polished. It is like walking on ice.
It is raining again. I hate weather like this
Some sports, like motor racing, can be dangerous
(some sports, such as motor racing, can be dangerous)
As
I didn’t move anything. I left everything as I found it.
They did as they promised
You should have done it as I showed you.( you should have done it like this)
As the manager, she has to make many important decisions / ( like the manager, she also has to make many decisions)
During the war this hotel was used as a hospital.(everyone is ill at home. Our house is like a hospital)
The news of her death came as a great shock.
I regard her as my best friend
As you know/ as she expected / as I said / as I thought/
As usual / as always
As you know, It is tom’s birthday next week.
She failed the examination. As she expected
You are late as usual
No comments:
Post a Comment